Trainee Commercial Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual wishing to get their teeth stuck into an exciting role supporting the Commercial Department. The role will involve Internal and External Training, Bid/Tender Responses and Commercial Product Documentation, including the preparation of training material and training administration.
The position will be based in the UK supporting the company's global offices and may involve international travel. Reporting to the Senior Risk Management Consultant.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and organised individual, possibly a graduate, with excellent organisational and administration skills, with a willingness to work and personally develop within a team in a supporting function. The core responsibilities will include:
Full training will be provided for the role of Bid Administrator to support in the production of proposals aimed at the development of new business opportunities.
- Providing support in the administering and updating of the Global Proposals team technical library
- Assist in the successful structuring, designing and production of proposals in order to win business
- Provide support in the development of presentations and associated graphics/diagrams for the inclusion into Bids and presentations
- Liaise with other bid team members and other subject matter experts to extract relevant information required for the tender response
Full training will be provided for the role of Training Assistant in order to provide effective administrative and secretarial support to the training & development manager and the training instructors.
- Producing training materials and presenting training materials for customers
- Liasing with development and presales teams to collect information relevant to training objectives
- Update training material to reflect new product features
- Liaise with training team members to meet training requirements
- Administration of internal training. Booking rooms, sending out joining instructions, update training calendar, maintenance of both paper and IT systems
- Liaise with outside training providers for prices and course availability
- Liaise with deployment teams to ensure product training is provided as part of a product deployment
- Ability to work under short deadlines
- Good interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft products e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise time to meet deadlines
- Proactive nature with an ability to show initiative
- Team player and enthusiastic
- Keen eye for detail
- Customer facing/liaison experience
- Strong presentation skills