UI C# .Net Developer
- We have an existing range of UI applications based on the Optimus® suite of products, which are mainly developed in C# .Net (WinForms).
- For this purpose, we are looking an outstanding and experienced UI developer with adequate references to enhance our existing team.
- Interacting with the business units
- Working with a team comprising business analysts, and deployment engineers for the duration of the deployment project. Support will come from the Professional Services, Commercial, and Product Teams.
Reporting to the Head of UI Development
- Communicating with solution stakeholders on business requirements and translation thereof into the UI design.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on business and technical needs.
- Maintain and create UI architecture and layout/user interface by using respective best practice approaches (e.g. agile development based on Scrum).
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Integrate data and interfaces from various back-end services and databases.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling the UI platform solution and applications based on the above.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Optional: Maintain, create and develop Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Ability to bridge the gap between business requirements and technology to create an innovative and growing UI platform solution and related applications which help to drive the business forward in their objectives.
- Experienced in developing client/server .Net applications using C# with the WPF, WCF and WinForms.
- Experienced in using 3rd party UI libraries like Infragistics, Telerik or DevExpress.
- Experienced in developing multi-tiered (distributed) database applications.
- Solid database skills, especially with the Oracle RDBMS (SQL as well as PL/SQL).
- Proven working experience in UI programming.
- Ability to work in partnership with internal resources and with business product managers.
- Experience in handling source/version control systems, like GIT, SVN or Mercurial.
- A solid understanding of how UI applications work including security, layout multi-language, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming, MVC programming paradigms and UI application development.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer relationship experience.
- Good standard of spoken and written English