Neural Technologies is constantly updating its fraud, risk management, revenue assurance and mediation products to incorporate latest innovations and technologies including big data platforms for storage and analytics, and web APIs and toolkits for application portability.
A big data system application developer is required to join Neural Technologies’ small development team located in Petersfield (UK) to enhance and improve its revenue and risk management user-interfaces and APIs.
The candidate must be able to:
- Create, maintain and test big data applications using Apache Kafka streams, Spark, Hive and Apache Druid.
- Integrate solutions with current web and non-web products
- Gather and refine requirements from subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Create design specifications and documentation to support development
- At least 3 years’ experience developing applications for big data platforms
- Has up-to-date knowledge and hands-on experience of latest big data technologies, especially in data stream processing
- Recent graduates with specialist development qualifications also encouraged to apply
- Good team member and strong communicator
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Creative and problem solving
- Computer Science / Information Technology (or related) degree and/or HND
- Specific big data application development modules and course certifications an advantage
Required technical skills:
- Essential: Apache Kafka, Kafka streams, Scala
- Highly Desirable: Apache Druid, Apache Hadoop (Hive, HDFS), SparkSQL, Java
- Desirable: Parallel programming technique, Microservices technique, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Machine Learning, Tensorflow, C++
- Useful: CI/CD, NoSQL databases, ETL, Prometheus, Python
- Bonus: Confluence, JIRA, Git source control
We would consider applications from recent graduates with relevant degree-level qualifications where they have studied and used at least some of the technologies needed in the role.