Event Data is at the heart of any enterprise and it is always the result of a business process. TM Forum’s Business Process Framework (eTOM), which is an integral part of the TM Forum’s Frameworx, is an illustration of such an association.
In the digital enterprise world, the Event Data records associated with each of these business processes are equal to financial assets. Depending on the business process, the Event Data in question (and it’s required formats, volumes etc.) needs to be consumed. However, when consuming Event Data, the enterprise will meet a variety of challenges as can be seen below:
- Event Data volumes – Takes up to 80% of total enterprise data volume
- Abundance of siloed and redundant data stores/lakes
- Event Data stripped of valuable information
- Expensive, insufficient and capacity challenges
- Non-existing or limited event-based Business Intelligence
- Regulatory challenges (Security / Privacy)