Software Release Details for Optimus Revenue Protection Version 10 and Optimus Digital Integration Version 6
Neural Technologies is today pleased to announce the launch of Optimus Revenue Protection (ORP) Version 10.4.006 with an exciting fresh new look and enhancements. At the same time, Optimus Digital Integration Version 6 of our award-winning Optimus Platform is also launched, marking the evolution of this leading solution which delivers enhanced data insight and understanding into your enterprise operations.
Since our last major release, we have been working behind the scenes testing new features and enhancements, looking for ways to improve the Optimus Platform. Version 6 brings together these valuable improvements to optimize your data opportunities.
This represents a major new release, and as such please note that you will require updated license keys to ensure no disruption to service. You can request these from our support department or through your account manager who will be happy to assist you through the process if required.
- If you would like to take advantage of these new features, please contact your account manager to discuss if any additional licensing is required if you are planning to use this release on an existing Optimus installation.
Optimus Digital Integration Version 6 – Integrating better features and functionality
Version 6 builds on the success of predecessor platforms, delivering new features that will enhance efficiency and unlock new capabilities for users of the Optimus Platform.
Machine learning with Python: Enjoy seamless integration of Neural Technologies’ powerful machine learning with the globally recognized Python language. Optimus Version 6 leverages Python-based tools and solutions in clouds, containers, and more, pushing exciting new horizons of technical opportunity. This adds to the already available capability of configuring SOAP/REST APIs in Optimus Platform which in return allows for MS Azure AI/ML integration.
Data streaming integration with Kafka: Integration with the Kafka data streaming platform enables you to handle data effectively regardless of volume, velocity, or variety. This will transform the ability to deliver rapid real-time data insight for your business. Avro-Support is also included, offering a unified high-throughput, low-latency platform for handling real-time data feeds. This also provides data serialization and data exchange services, and facilitates the smooth exchange of big data between programs written in any language.
Cloud-native deployment using Docker/Kubernetes: Improve the quality of your orchestration with newly introduced cloud-native deployments with Docker or Kubernetes. This portable, extensible, open-source platform enables your business to manage containerized workloads and services, facilitating both declarative configuration and automation. Leverage a set of platform-as-a-service products that employ OS-level virtualization to deliver software in container packages. This upgrade enables you to automate deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
Many other enhancements and fixes
Apart from the exciting headline features, this version also includes a combination of more than 60 enhancements and bug fixes to ensure a richer experience, higher performance and better availability.
We’ve worked hard on Version 6 to enhance the Optimus product functionality you already rely on, while introducing a range of new features that equip our customers for the growing opportunities of our data-driven landscape.
You can find more information and detailed release information and some insights into the forthcoming ML Package below, or by contacting our support team or your account manager.
Machine Learning integration with Python
Welcome to enhanced machine learning (ML) with the advanced Optimus Platform.
- Optimus Platform Version 6 introduces machine learning capabilities by means of an integrated Python interpreter module in openBSL, usable through the EDRW.DLR namespace.
- Access to Python libraries such as Sklearn, Tensor Flow, Keras, Pytorch, Neupy, etc.
- Alternative integration to pipelined AI/ML via web services are already supported by Optimus Platform SOAP/Rest APIs.
- Existing big data integration support in Optimus Platform for Kudu, Hbase, Parquet, Cassandra, Vertica, Impala, etc. to connect to Machine Learning Python scripts.
- Neural Technologies’ pre-built “Python Machine Learning” package will support “out-of-the-box” unsupervised and semi-supervised ML analytics.
Please contact our sales team for more information.
Machine Learning Python Package – coming soon!
Neural Technologies has already undertaken important steps to apply our forthcoming ML Package which is soon to be released, engaging with a range of important data functionalities for our customers.
SIM box data-driven analytics using our Structured Classification Prediction not only provides accurate detection but also allows us to see various types of ‘camouflage’ activity taken by fraudsters to try and mask their underlying activity. As the machine learning classification is data-driven rather than detected by rules generated based on preconceptions, this approach won’t allow fraudsters to hide.
The ML Package also offers Unconstrained Anomaly Detection; this unexpectedly identified a technical roaming issue with CAMEL leading to abusive usage/fraud – in other words, identification of something that was previously ‘unknown’ by the machine learning system.
Our Structural Analytical Profiling has been applied in a number of different business areas recently – one was analyzing dealer activations. In this use scenario, the machine learning automatically identified, purely from the data, a number of profiles indicating different types of sales abuse, and also some useful marketing segmentations that could be used to enhance their dealer programme.
Data Streaming Integration through Kafka, including Avro-Support
The Optimus Platform has data streaming integration that can act as both a producer and a consumer of data. It is integrated with both Northbound and Southbound applications, thus handling multi-dimensional data flows seamlessly.
- Data complexity addressed
- Optimus Digital Integration Version 6 can handle any data easily, irrespective of its complexity. The wide differences and changing scales in volume, velocity, variety, veracity and value of data is streamed and processed in real time, thus adding immense value to your business.
- Message queue output
- Ability to set the optional event key and timestamp on outgoing Kafka messages. For example, by choosing between actual event occurrence time or event stored time as the event timestamp, it immediately enables various combinations of streaming processing logic directly applying on Kafka topics.
- Avro support included
- Enjoy seamless data streaming capabilities in the new product version, which extends Kafka integration by supporting the Avro message format and the Confluent Schema Registry. It allows any downstream application to understand the data format of Optimus’ pre-processed data through a standard JSON schema definition available in registry.
Cloud-Native deployments using Docker / Kubernetes
Optimus is now also available in Docker image, and supports deployments with Kubernetes on-premise or in the cloud. Solutions using Optimus can enjoy cloud-native automations, as well as other industrial standard integration tools including CI/CD workflow, Helm package automated deployment, and Prometheus Metrics for monitoring.
With cloud-native support, customers can truly benefit from cloud deployments. For example, customers are not required to scale their initial setup for a foreseeable traffic peak. Instead, only a minimal cluster with autoscaling enabled is needed to scale up for peak traffic when it occurs, easily shrinking down to the lower scale required afterwards. This helps customers reduce costs and maintain competitivity in the market.
It also means Optimus can adapt into a microservice environment by embedding individual business processes into service containers. Each of them owns different factory configurations and connectors to different targets. So, the services are not tightly coupled and maintained separately even if they are on the same host, which is a fundamental principle of many microservices design patterns.
Optimus enables the use of this microservices architecture principles when implementing the various business process solutions.
It enables the enterprise to run the individual business process solution as microservices towards external applications and domains dealing with data, like IT elements, data warehouses, etc. This is made possible by running such business process solutions in standard containers which work both in virtual environments and in runtime containers.
The Microservice Enabled Business Process Solutions will be accessible via flexible API and through resilient communication, which is enabled via standard and customizable APIs, supporting various protocols, including standards such as the TMF Open APIs.
Optimus Revenue Protection Release 10.4.006
We have also been working hard on Optimus Revenue Protection installations. Notable changes include a fresh and modern look for Insight’s user interface. This fresh look provides you with a glimpse into the style for the new Web based GUI.
This version adds the support of high performance and distributed Apache Druid data store for your critical event data. Neural Technologies’ evolving Machine Learning techniques are now officially supported within Insight and the Optimus Data Analytics Engine.
Update of the Optimus Event Data Lake to support an alternative data store for event data. Insight users will be able to search and view event data stored external to the Optimus Oracle database.
Optimus Revenue Protection 10.4.006 also now supports the new Optimus Machine Learning (ML/AI) solution.
Images generated from new ML/AI processes can now be added to Insight dynamic dashboards.
More flexible CFD feature export stream mechanisms. This allows two configurable options, so that feature values can be exported either before or after event data processing has updated operational profiles. Configuration UI to support this more flexible CFD feature export stream mechanism.
Insight 3.0.0 now provides an option to sort data grids based on the number of items (in addition to current options for value-based sorting). This shows more information about data being explored and allows for more flexible analysis of data.
Other updates and bug fixes include:
- Data Analytics Engine – MNE component improvements – capture of throughput metrics in audit statistics, and handling of ‘bad’ files
- Insight dashboards are now grouped in the administration UI to make them easier to find and organize
- Better support for HTML file attachments in Insight
- Improved active directory support in Insight for case-insensitive user matching
- Update to Insight to improve performance of search queries if there are mismatched data types (better support for the Oracle optimizer and indexes)
- More flexible exporting of special lists in the DCM (special character support).
Effectiveness Assessment Reporting (EAR)
Neural Technologies is committed to solutions that adapt to deliver on our customer’s. That means a commitment to reviewing our own technologies to identify improvements to the Optimus Revenue Protection Platform. The EAR is the latest in that dedicated pursuit of excellent customer engagement.
Neural Technologies seeks to proactively engage our customers as part of our initiative to ensure consistent and effective utilization of Optimus Revenue Protection towards your goals.
We are pleased to share that we are now embarking on a periodic review of the solution deployed via NT’s Optimus Effectiveness Assessment Reporting program.
The report will enable our customers to have a high-level view and Neural Technologies’ observations for improvements on the 4 main areas shown below:
- Alarms generation effectiveness
- Case management effectiveness
- Rules effectiveness & risk coverage
- Data quality review
We are excited to invite you to be part of this new program and your account managers will be reaching out very soon
New Neural Technologies Website
Finally, a welcome transformation that we’re delighted to release into the world. You may notice things are looking a little different on the Neural Technologies website. Our website transformation program has delivered a fantastic new site, designed to improve the customer journey, and ensure easy access to insight and product information from Neural Technologies.
We welcome any and all feedback you might have, and hope you enjoy the new online window into Neural Technologies’ advanced ML/AI driven solutions.
- Read in-depth about each of our Revenue Protection and Digital Transformation solutions, powered by our advanced machine learning technologies.
- Discover how to speed up the performance of your digital applications with Optimus Data Portal, using our advanced caching solution to retrieve frequently-accessed data that relieves bottleneck pressures on your backend database.